This update introduces brand new weapon attachments. There will be constant balancing on their pricing and advantages (ie. percentages, perks) throughout the next days.
GUNS / SHOOTING
- Weapon attachments added:
– Muzzle Brake
– Flash Hider
– Vertical Grip
– Angled Grip
– Overall rework and improvements on the key angles and paths of the Search and Destroy phase
– Drop collisions fixed
– Fixed many collisions in Capture and Search and Destroy phases
– Drop collisions fixed
- Bomb ticking sound is now in “Sound Effects” channel
- Added shooting sounds for the Dragunov sniper rifle
- Improved bomb ticking sounds based on proximity and location
- Avatars in HUD will now display in black and white when a player is dead
- Your teammates’ HP will now show under their avatar
- New hit marker opacity and thickness options
- Removed exponential fog option/set as always disabled (for now)
- Added tooltips for all attachments in buy menu
- FPS limited should no longer display “0” on a fresh install and is now set to “Limitless” by default
01.1.10b (Live Build)
- Assault rifles’ overall damage values have been increased.
- Armor penetration values have been increased to balance the new armor’s algorithm.
We will promptly release The Forge Arena’s live damage tables for all guns for better feedback purposes.
- You can now sprint while reloading a gun.
- Overall specialization optimization for Origin and Exodus maps
- Fixed a bug when jumping voice over’s would appear to be behind you.
- Added bomb countdown/ticking sound effects
Overall Bug Fixes/Features
- Fixed an issue where an empty clip would cause a desync with the client/server and would not let you reload.
- The game client now loads/unloads certain sections of the map in between phases for better performance.
- FPS optimization for lower/mid end PC’s.
- Your computer will now use recommended settings the first time the game client is loaded. You can always roll back to these settings in the options menu.
- Integrated “skirmish” option for private games. In order to get a skirmish going, create two parties of the same size (1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 or 5v5) and invite the opposing party leader to a skirmish. Game will start upon confirmation of all users.
- Added “Create Account” button to login screen.
- Added Official “Discord” link to login screen.
- Revamped the UX for Battlepass features. You can now see the preview for the skins you may claim.
- Friend list overhaul. You will now be able to see more friends without having to scroll up/down.
This update addresses the in-game stuttering issue that has been problematic for the last two updates.
### GUN CHANGES
– Accelerated fire rate for deagle
– Buffed first shot accuracy for all pistols
– Accelerated fire rate for Barrett
– Changed recoil patterns for rifles
– Lowered damage and fire rate of P90
– Lowered the kick on Barrett shots
### SOUND CHANGES
– Other players will now make much less sound when walking
– Enemies will not hear you aiming down with your weapon anymore
– Other players will now make much less sound when changing guns
### MAP CHANGES
– Removed rocky structures allowing players to land on top of the map at their respective spawns
– Updated dynamic bands on capture and S&D sites
– Minimal changes to ramps leading to capture point
– Removed the infamous ship on bomb site A (temporary)
– Fixed and optimized numerous textures and dynamic elements
– Added collision to mid buildings to prevent players from jumping onto the main structure in the capture phase
### GAME CHANGES
– Leaning has been disabled for this build. It will be optimized for further testing in a future build
– Fixed a bug where reloading your gun would carry over to another gun if switched
– Fixed a bug making a reload impossible after running out of bullets
– Fixed a bug in the kill feed where headshots would be visualized as grenade kills (!)
### LAUNCHER CHANGES
– New friend request UI
– New in-game state for when friends are in a game
– Updated chat filter (still in testing)
Greetings to all old and new friends we have met at events, online and most certainly, in our game.
Following up on the open beta weekend that ends tonight, we are more than amazed with the amount of feedback, both positive and constructive, that everyone has given us throughout this great journey.
The Freezing Raccoon development team has been working around the clock for more than 18 months trying to provide people like you a new competitive first person shooter that will keep you coming for more after every game you play.
Today, we are proud to announce that our game will be completely free to play until we launch the full version of our product!
You have requested it – you now have it. From this moment on and until our full release, you and your friends/teammates can now download and play this game for ASBOLUTELY FREE!
As for the remaining of the game’s development, from now on we will be updating and patching The Forge Arena on a weekly basis every TUESDAY.
The reasoning behind such decision is mostly based on our community feedback and it’s will to have many, many more players playing on our servers to create a competitive environment as soon as possible.
Stay tuned for our new competitive giveaways, our second map release, our in-game voice chat, our new guns and our numerous bug fixes!
See you in the Arena!
The Freezing Raccoon Dev. Team
- Armor prices have been reduced
10credits per armor 5credits per armor
- Starting credits
- Credits per win
- Credits per loss
- Added a sound trigger when Dropping/Picking up the Bomb
- Added an explosion sound to the Bomb detonation
- Improved 3rd person animations
- Added in-game hints
- Updated end-game Victory/Defeat screens
- Radar Locked rotation is now functioning as intended
- Radar has been zoomed out by 33%
- Scoreboard (tab) should now properly display whether a Player is currently dead or not
- Scoreboard text font has been increased
- Chat box now has a darker background color
- Chat box will now fade out after a short time of chat inactivity
- Text colors based on Allied/Enemy team in the Chat box have changed
- Players joining late will now properly be added to the Radar
- Allies will be marked as an ‘X’ on the Radar upon death
- This ‘X’ will fade out after 3s
- Player markers will be removed from the Radar if they disconnect from the game
- New option: Sprint Toggle ON/OFF
- New option: Crouch Toggle ON/OFF
- New option: Show in-game Hints
- Radar position (left/right) will now be saved and loaded properly
- More Resolution options have been added
- Level design improvements
- Lighting optimizations should greatly benefit frame rate
Search and Destroy
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause a team to earn an extra point by either Planting/Defusing the bomb after the Round has already been completed
- Bomb explosion time set to
45s 1 minute
- Buy Button has been moved to the upper-right section of the Shop
- “Press ‘B’ to Buy” prompt will no longer show when shop is deactivated
- Shops will now persist for an extra 15s after the start of Search and Destroy
- Player Stats should now be sent properly after each match
- Holosight center dot has been increased in size
- Lowered Fire Rate
0.22 to 0.242 (the value is the time between each shot)
- Increased average vertical Recoil
0.40 to 0.42 – Horizontal recoil 0.6 to 0.63
- Increased Damage
12 to 13
- Reduced Muzzle Flash by 25%
- Lowered Fire Rate
0.13 to 0.143 (the value is the time between each shot)
- Reduced average vertical Recoil
0.35 to 0.33 -Horizontal recoil from 0.38 to 0.36
- Fixed an animation glitch while aiming and jumping
- Gun has been properly centered while aiming
- Lowered fire rate
0.075 to 0.079
- Lowered damage
15 to 14.25
- Increased average vertical Recoil
0.11 to 0.115 | Horizontal recoil 0.2 to 0.21
- Lowered Fire Rate
2.0 to 2.1
- Reduced movement speed multiplier
0.9 to 0.855
- Players should no longer be able to simultaneously kill each other
- All stats have been reset due to the new system
- Statistics and leaderboard now properly reflect your performance
After Game Recap
- After the game, a new popup should show you a recap of the match
Developer Comments: This new feature is still being worked on and you’ll slowly see more and more statistics pop-up on it in the next updates, but for now Kills, Deaths, Assists and the final score will be nice to have for everyone!
The rate at which players appears might differ from game to game, so you might see that not all players are there from the start, but they’ll join the popup soon enough (usually within 10 seconds).
- You can now change your profile picture when you click on it
- Your experience has been reset
Developer Comments: Changing the profile picture was something that was asked a lot, so here it is. You’ll notice that your profile picture will highlight when you mouse over it. When clicking on it, it should show all of your stats and there you can change your picture. You’ll have a list of 7 pictures right now and we will add more soon.
Really sorry about the XP reset, but it was needed because we implemented the new stats, and with it came a new experience calculation.
- Chat will now show only the last 100 messages
- Implemented some basic chat filtering
- Added a right click menu on players username on chat which offers 2 options
- Add friend
- Report for abuse
Developer Comments: Watch out spammers, we’re monitoring you now!
- Default Skins have been added to inventory
Developer Comments: This means you can now remove skins from your load-out if you want to. In doing so, all skins have been unequipped (double-tap “P”). Don’t forget to equip them back the first time you launch back into the arena!
- Changed phrasing on matchmaking steps to be more user friendly
- General visual improvement
- General matchmaking optimization
A new patch is now live for this Friday’s playtest. Read below to learn more about the latest changes.
Version : 00.00.01 PA9.1
1. User settings menu
- Implemented a brand new settings menu.
Developer Comments: New modern fonts and a simpler interface has been chosen over futuristic fonts and more complicated UI. We strongly believe that the interactions from the user in our menus will be much faster.
2. General sound improvement
- The sound of bullets flying near you have now been optimized and re-implemented from version 00.00.01 PA9.0.
Developer Comments: Prior patch had bugs that made it very annoying when multiple players were shooting each other. Surround sound has been optimized and re-implemented in order to better identify where shots are coming from. The next sound update will be a big one.
3. User interface
- Kill feed: replaced font
- Health bar: added numeric value and progress-bar in HUD
- Capture point: changed visual appearance and position (progress bar with numeric value)
- Improved the quality of the user experience (UX) throughout the whole UI
- Added FPS counter
Developer Comments: There is currently a known bug with the compass. As you approach “E” you will notice a small skip that will be addressed in the next update.
- Added basic economy for competitive mode. You now begin playing with 1500$ which will let you buy a limited selection of guns and attachments. Throughout the game and depending on how well you and your team do, you will be able to buy better performing guns and attachments.
- AK-47: Recoil adjustments and overall balancing
- M4: Recoil adjustments and overall balancing
- P90: Recoil adjustments and overall balancing
- Barrett .50: Recoil adjustments and overall balancing
- Fire animations fixed
- Gun animations on low sensitivity optimized
- Muzzle flash visuals are now smoother in hip fire mode
- Users can now switch weapons (up, down) with the mouse wheel
Developer Comments: We will be closely monitoring community feedback and suggestions in terms of game economy to provide our players with the best formula possible moving forward. Also, the AK-47’s new recoil makes it easier to control.