This update introduces brand new weapon attachments. There will be constant balancing on their pricing and advantages (ie. percentages, perks) throughout the next days.
GUNS / SHOOTING
- Weapon attachments added:
– Muzzle Brake
– Flash Hider
– Vertical Grip
– Angled Grip
– Overall rework and improvements on the key angles and paths of the Search and Destroy phase
– Drop collisions fixed
– Fixed many collisions in Capture and Search and Destroy phases
– Drop collisions fixed
- Bomb ticking sound is now in “Sound Effects” channel
- Added shooting sounds for the Dragunov sniper rifle
- Improved bomb ticking sounds based on proximity and location
- Avatars in HUD will now display in black and white when a player is dead
- Your teammates’ HP will now show under their avatar
- New hit marker opacity and thickness options
- Removed exponential fog option/set as always disabled (for now)
- Added tooltips for all attachments in buy menu
- FPS limited should no longer display “0” on a fresh install and is now set to “Limitless” by default
This update focuses mainly on the current performance issues with the game client.
– Overall FPS improvements for low/mid end processors
– Overall map lighting improvements on Origin and Exodus
– Fixed an issue where changing weapons would cause framerate drops
– Headshot damage multiplier has been increased from 2.0 to 2.25
– Lateral movement speed in hip fire mode increased by 5%
– New skin collection integration for 2018-09-26
– Battle Pass item level 75 integration (Barrett “Choke”) – item is now claimable
01.1.10b (Live Build)
- Assault rifles’ overall damage values have been increased.
- Armor penetration values have been increased to balance the new armor’s algorithm.
We will promptly release The Forge Arena’s live damage tables for all guns for better feedback purposes.
- You can now sprint while reloading a gun.
- Overall specialization optimization for Origin and Exodus maps
- Fixed a bug when jumping voice over’s would appear to be behind you.
- Added bomb countdown/ticking sound effects
Overall Bug Fixes/Features
- Fixed an issue where an empty clip would cause a desync with the client/server and would not let you reload.
- The game client now loads/unloads certain sections of the map in between phases for better performance.
- FPS optimization for lower/mid end PC’s.
- Your computer will now use recommended settings the first time the game client is loaded. You can always roll back to these settings in the options menu.
- Integrated “skirmish” option for private games. In order to get a skirmish going, create two parties of the same size (1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 or 5v5) and invite the opposing party leader to a skirmish. Game will start upon confirmation of all users.
- Added “Create Account” button to login screen.
- Added Official “Discord” link to login screen.
- Revamped the UX for Battlepass features. You can now see the preview for the skins you may claim.
- Friend list overhaul. You will now be able to see more friends without having to scroll up/down.
This update addresses the in-game stuttering issue that has been problematic for the last two updates.
### GUN CHANGES
– Accelerated fire rate for deagle
– Buffed first shot accuracy for all pistols
– Accelerated fire rate for Barrett
– Changed recoil patterns for rifles
– Lowered damage and fire rate of P90
– Lowered the kick on Barrett shots
### SOUND CHANGES
– Other players will now make much less sound when walking
– Enemies will not hear you aiming down with your weapon anymore
– Other players will now make much less sound when changing guns
### MAP CHANGES
– Removed rocky structures allowing players to land on top of the map at their respective spawns
– Updated dynamic bands on capture and S&D sites
– Minimal changes to ramps leading to capture point
– Removed the infamous ship on bomb site A (temporary)
– Fixed and optimized numerous textures and dynamic elements
– Added collision to mid buildings to prevent players from jumping onto the main structure in the capture phase
### GAME CHANGES
– Leaning has been disabled for this build. It will be optimized for further testing in a future build
– Fixed a bug where reloading your gun would carry over to another gun if switched
– Fixed a bug making a reload impossible after running out of bullets
– Fixed a bug in the kill feed where headshots would be visualized as grenade kills (!)
### LAUNCHER CHANGES
– New friend request UI
– New in-game state for when friends are in a game
– Updated chat filter (still in testing)
Greetings to all old and new friends we have met at events, online and most certainly, in our game.
Following up on the open beta weekend that ends tonight, we are more than amazed with the amount of feedback, both positive and constructive, that everyone has given us throughout this great journey.
The Freezing Raccoon development team has been working around the clock for more than 18 months trying to provide people like you a new competitive first person shooter that will keep you coming for more after every game you play.
Today, we are proud to announce that our game will be completely free to play until we launch the full version of our product!
You have requested it – you now have it. From this moment on and until our full release, you and your friends/teammates can now download and play this game for ASBOLUTELY FREE!
As for the remaining of the game’s development, from now on we will be updating and patching The Forge Arena on a weekly basis every TUESDAY.
The reasoning behind such decision is mostly based on our community feedback and it’s will to have many, many more players playing on our servers to create a competitive environment as soon as possible.
Stay tuned for our new competitive giveaways, our second map release, our in-game voice chat, our new guns and our numerous bug fixes!
See you in the Arena!
The Freezing Raccoon Dev. Team
The Forge Arena development team would like to kick off the Beta Release will a bit of friendly competition.
From June 23rd to July 6th, we want to see what kind of skills our community has to offer. During this time, we invite players from around the world to record their best moments and compile them into the best Frag Movie you can make. At any point during this time, tweet @TheForgeArena with your YouTube video, post it in #post-your-frag-movies-here (on our Official Discord) – and you’re in.
Winners will take away $1,000 worth of Sparks to purchase all the skins you’ll ever want.
**** Due to the popularity and demand, we have upgraded our giveaway! ****
1st place: 100 000 Sparks
2nd place: 50 000 Sparks
3rd place: 25 000 Sparks
4th-13th place (10x): 10 000 Sparks
Winners will be chosen on Friday, 6/29/2018.
Another one for the books. Includes critical sound updates, global aim offset fix for all guns and many different bug fixes.
Version : 00.00.10PA
- Changed the font of teammates list/health bar to match other HUD aspects
- Added number of remaining enemy players
- Small overall alignment fixes
Developer Comments: You can now see how many players are left on your team and on the enemy team. Although the visual aspects will most likely be altered in the future, you can now rely on immediate HUD feedback to know if, per example, you are the only player left on your team and have to activate your inner “cluch mode”.
2. General sound improvements
- Limited the number of bullet firing instances at any given time
- Limited the number of bullets flying by at any given time
- Adjusted the sound levels of bullets hitting materials and players
- Implemented 3D sounds for bullets firing
- Implemented 3D sounds for bullets landing in the surroundings (or hitting you)
Developer Comments: This patch implements and addresses the issues with the past build in which too many gun-related sounds were heard from inappropriate surroundings of the player. It is now much easier to identify where shots are coming from.
- Optimized overall damage for UMP sub machine gun
- Optimized overall damage for Barrett sniper rifle
- Fixed bug where player’s hand would incorrectly show up when scoped
Developer Comments: Community and streamer partner feedback was taken into consideration for the UMP’s base damage. It is now much easier to eliminate opponents with it. Our flagship sniper rifle is now a one shot kill in the head/chest.
Version : 00.01.00
1. Game launcher
- You can only launch a single instance of the launcher now
Developer Comments: the fact that a user could have 2 launchers running at the same time was the cause of multiple matchmaking related bugs such as the game process launching twice.
2. Friend list
- Online/offline detection should now be more accurate
- Inviting someone to your party will now prompt a confirmation for them
- Fixed bug that would leave you stuck in the notification zone when declining a friend request
Developer Comments: online/offline detection is still a work in progress, but for the most part it should be way easier to determine if one of your friend is online and open for your invite.